Last year’s Mr. Facejacket Competition, put on by Fairbanks-based Permafrost Beards, was such a fantastic event, AK Lady Barber’s Sherri Lilly is competing once again to defend her title as “Mrs. Facejacket.” All registration fees go to the Fairbanks Community Food Bank, along with any donations and non-perishable food items given on the evening of the competition.
The competition starts at 5:30pm on August 24, 2019 at the Howling Dog Saloon and will feature the following categories:
- Mustache (Only the ‘stache will be judged; you can have a beard as well)
- Partial Facejacket (goatee, chops…)
- Business Facejacket (2″ or less)
- Medium Facejacket (2”-8”)
- Long Facejacket (Longer than 8”)
- Freestyle Facejacket/Mustache
- Mr. Facejacket (Winners from all the categories compete)
- Bonus! Mrs. Facejacket (Ladies compete with fake or real Facejackets!)
Learn more and register at Permafrost Beards or visit their event page on facebook. Early registration is open now for $10.00, day of registration will be $12.00 and all registration fees will go to the Fairbanks Community Food Bank. Competitors CAN register for multiple categories. Go ahead and click the link and donate more! They had 50 competitors last year and are trying to exceed that number in 2019, so please help spread the word.
Keep Your Facejacket On and see you at the event!